Your Way to Islam
1.Our noble Prophet Muhammad (Sallal-lahu `alayhi wa sallam) said: “If Allah guides one person through you to Islam, it is better for you, than having (the greatest wealth).”
2.He also said: “Whoever calls (others) to guidance has the same reward as the rewards of those who follow him, without decreasing anything from their rewards.”
3.Therefore be keen to invite to Islam those non-Muslims whom you know.
4.Start with people who are closest to you, such as: your parents, wife, son, daughter, brother, then relatives and friends.
5.Allah (Glory be to Him) said to His Messenger Muhammad (Sallal-lahu `alayhi wa sallam):
)وَأَنْذِرْ عَشِيرَتَكَ الأَقْرَبِينَ(
Meaning: "And admonish your nearest Kinsmen." [Al-Qur'an 26:214]
6.Make clear to them the right religion, and make them interested in it!
7.Tell them of the glad tidings of which Allah has promised, and the blessings and favors that Allah shall endow upon them in this world and the next if they follow Islam.
8.Warn them of Allah’s wrath upon them if they disbelieve in the Holy Qur'an which He has revealed to be a guidance to humanity.
9.Or if they disbelieve in Prophet Muhammad (Sallal-lahu `alayhi wa sallam) whom He has sent as a mercy to the worlds.
10. Invite them with love and sincerity.
11. And you, yourself, should be an example of good character.
12. Be quick in doing good and in helping others.
13. If you do so:
a.You will be a propagator of Islam by your actions as well as your words.
b.Your friends will be quick to accept what you invite them to, and then Allah will lead them to guidance.
c.They will come to know that what you say is the truth.
d.They will consequently accept Islam and love this religion and love you too.
14. You must know well the wise approach of inviting others to Islam and teaching them. Thus you should speak what is suitable for every occasion.
15. One of the wise sayings of Arabs is: “There is suitable speech for each situation.“
16. Allah (Glory be to
Him) says in
إِلَى سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ وَجَادِلْهُمْ
بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ
Meaning: "Invite (all) to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching, and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious, for your Lord knows best who have strayed from His path and who receive guidance." [Al-Qur'an 16:125]
17. If you do not know Arabic, it is strongly advisable for you to learn that language so as to be able to understand Islam through its original sources.
18. If you do so, you will be able to speak with confidence about Islam, because you have direct knowledge of Allah’s words, of the sayings of His messenger Muhammad (Sallal-lahu `alayhi wa sallam) and of the statements of Muslim scholars.
19. Presenting copies of this booklet to those whom you would like to invite to Islam will help you a lot in propagating this religion of Allah.